PREPARATION & COOKING TIME: 35 min
Spice up the usual omelette with a palette of hearty greens and Beretta pancetta, a healthy alternative to bacon.
- 6 tbsp Beretta pancetta
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 2 ½ cups spinach, kale or adicchio
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and then add the pancetta, stirring frequently until crisp.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add the leeks and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the leeks have softened. Then add the greens and cook until tender.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese and pepper, and when the greens are done, pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the pan.
4. When the eggs are nearly set, place the plan under the grill until the top is cooked and the eggs are slightly browned.
5. Once done, remove from under the grill and let it stand for 5 minutes. Lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate. Cut into wedges and serve.