PREPARATION & COOKING TIME: 45 MIN
A super-simple Tiramisu made in the authentic Italian style, using Douwe Egberts.
- 2 tbsp Douwe Egberts coffee granules and 300ml boiling water
- 568ml double cream
- 250g mascarpone
- 75ml Marsala wine
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 175g sponge fingers
- 25g dark chocolate
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
1. In a large bowl, whisk the cream, mascarpone, Marsala and sugar, until the ingredients are completely combined and have the consistency of thickly whipped cream.
2. Place the brewed coffee in a bowl, let it cool and then dip the sponge fingers, one at a time, on each side until they are soaked but not soggy.
3. In a shallow dish that is at least one inch deep, layer half the soaked sponge fingers and then spread over it half of the creamy mixture. Grate over most of the chocolate. Repeat the layers, finishing with the creamy layer.
4. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. When serving, dust with cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.
Source: BBC Food