PREPARATION & COOKING TIME: 120 MIN
The art of the soufflé is made easy with Lurpak butter!
- 4 tbsp Lurpak Slightly Salted
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- ½ pt milk
- 8 tbsp grated cheese
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 2 tsp chopped fresh red chilli
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan over a high heat, then stir in the flour and cook together. Stir in the milk and boil the mixture over a low heat.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese and then the beaten eggs, chilli and salt. Pour the batter into 8 buttered small, ovenproof soufflé dishes. ‘Cut’ with a knife along the edge of the dishes to makes the soufflés rise better.
3. Bake the soufflés in the middle of the oven. Do not open the oven-door for the first 20 minutes, as the soufflés might collapse.
4. In a dry pan, fry the pine nuts on high heat, stirring continuously. After 2 minutes, lower the heat and fry for another 2 minutes.
5. To serve, place the soufflés on the plates, sprinkle with parsley and serve at once – the soufflés cannot wait!