PREPARATION & COOKING TIME: 120 MIN
The all-year favourite that never fails to disappoint, using Lurpak!
For the crust:
- 3 tablespoons Lurpak Unsalted Butter
- 1cup flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp cold water
For the filling:
- 3 large baking apples, such as granny smith,
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the glaze:
- ½ cup apple or red current jelly
1. In a food processor (on pulse), combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then add the butter, and pulse to a fine crumb. Add egg and water, pulse until dough forms a ball.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle and then carefully transfer to the dish. Gently press the dough into the sides and bottom, and then remove excess as needed.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel and core the apples, and then cut into ¼-inch slices. Transfer the apples to the dish.
4. Combine the sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples. Bake for 45 minutes. Let it sit until cool.
5. Bring the jelly and water to a boil, remove from the heat and brush over the apples. Serve warm or at room temperature. Perfect with ice cream or whipped cream.