PREPARATION & COOKING TIME: 45 MIN
Whether you’re vegetarian or simply in need for a protein booster, you will love this easy risotto using Natco.
- 1 cup Natco green lentils, cooked
- 1 cup Natco brown basmati rice
- 1 cup mushrooms, roasted in olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp balsamic
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch Natco hot chilli powder
- salt & pepper
1. In a deep pan over medium heat, warm the butter and then add the garlic, onion and rosemary.
2. When the garlic is browned slightly, add the rice, the cooked lentils and the white wine. Cook until the wine is reduced.
3. Add the remainder of the lentil broth into the pan and let it reduce.
4. In a food processor, combine the baby spinach with about 1 cup of water and process briefly until liquid.
5. Add the spinach mixture to the pan and let it reduce until the rice is cooked as you like it.
6. Stir in a teaspoon of balsamic, a pinch of nutmeg and chilli, salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper. Stir in the roasted mushrooms.
7. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.